A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Mix the flour and vegetable oil until a play dough consistency. Place the dough on the plate and create a land form(s).
The blue of the plate can represents water.
Question and Wonder:
- Which continent is the United States part of?
- What happens when continents bump into each other?
- Do you think this happens a lot?
Imagine and Design:
- What would an island look like if formed by a volcano?
- What would be on your island.
- How would you travel from continent to continent?
Test and Discuss:
Mountains are formed when two land masses collide. Make two land masses and crash them into each other.
- What happened?
- What does that tell you?
Did you know?
Learn more about continents and countries.Print Instructions