< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- How do animals move?
- Why do they move the way they do?
- Can I move like different animals?
Imagine and Design:
- Picture different animals. Dogs, horses, snakes, birds, fish. Think about how they look, and how they move. How many legs do they have? Do they use their legs to move? Do they move on land, air or sea?
- Pretend you are those animals. Can you move the way they do?
Test and Discuss:
- Think about your favorite animal, and ask your family about theirs. What do those animals look like? How does their body shape change the way they move?