A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- There are a range of flags from different countries around the globe. There are around 200 countries in the world, including large ones, small ones, old ones, new ones, disputed ones and some controlled by other countries or kingdoms (politics is complicated!).
- What are on different flags – symbols, stripes, mottos and pictures? Why are symbols important to those countries? On our flag the stripes = the number of colonies and the stars represent the states.
- What are the most common colors for flags? Why are so many red and blue?
Imagine and Design:
- If you were designing a flag, what colors would be on it?
- Would your flag have words or a picture on it?
Test and Discuss:
- Design a flag for your pretend country.
- Discuss what you would want on it and what those things might mean. Do they show what is important to your Country.
- Use the materials above to add color and pictures or words.
What would be the anthem for your country?Print Instructions