A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- When you need new clothes, you probably go to the store. How do you think other people in other countries get their clothes? Do they look the same as yours?
- What does a typical week look like in your household? Is it the same as your friends’ week? What do you think might be some similarities between your week and other kids around the world?
Imagine and Design:
- Looking at the map, make a list of 3 to 5 countries you wish to investigate. Make predictions based on where they are located in the world, what kinds of clothes they wear and their typical week, plus any other questions you have!
- How does your list compare with family members?
Test and Discuss:
- Go to your local library or start on these websites to investigate your questions.
- Visit http://cultureforkids.exploreandmore.org/ and https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- How do you think cultures get started?
- How do people differ from state to state?