< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- How do shapes, tones, textures and position make my face unique and different from others?
- What parts of my face are similar to facial features of my family members? How is it different?
Imagine and Design:
- What types of natural items would best fit how I view myself? When I feel my cheek, it is soft and when I rub my hand through my hair, it is course.
- Collect items that will help create your self portrait.
Test and Discuss:
- Arrange your collected items and glue onto the construction paper to represent your self portrait.
- Show a family member and tell them about your self portrait.