< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- How far do you think you can jump or leap?
- How could you make a way to test it?
- Do you think you jump farther with your feet together? On one foot? Why?
- How many times in a row do you think you could jump?
Use the chalk to make an obstacle course for you to jump through, making sure you have things that are close together and far apart. What symbols and marks will you use?
Imagine and Design:
- How will you design your course?
- What will the different shapes, lines or squiggles mean in your course?
- How fast do you think you will be able to complete your course?
- Will you need to leap, jump, hop, or all three to complete your course?
Test and Discuss:
- Try out your design. How well were you able to accomplish the tasks you designed?
- What were the hardest parts?
- Were you able to leap as far as you thought? Why?
- Will you get better the more you practice the course? Why do you think that?
- Gather friends and family to try out your sidewalk leap game. Who do you think will do it the fastest?
- What are some changes you will make to your design to make it easier or harder?
Did you Know?
Need some ideas to get started? Check out this course: https://playtivities.com/sidewalk-obstacle-course/