< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
So many people help others every day as part of their job. Let’s take a moment to thank them for all their hard work keeping us happy, healthy and safe!
Think about people in your community that help others every day. Create a card or poster that shows them how much you appreciate all that they do.
Write down things they do to help others or draw a picture of what their job is like. Next time you see this person give them your drawing. Watch their face light up as they see how much you appreciate all that they do!
Question and Wonder:
- What are some jobs that people have in your community?
- Are those jobs easy or difficult? Do they have to work at times with others do not?
- What other types of jobs impact, or help others?
- What else can you do to show these individuals how much you appreciate all their hard work?
Imagine and Design:
- You can choose to draw this person helping the community or draw a picture showing how they have helped you or someone you know.
- You can make a list of things that they do that are helpful.
Test and Discuss:
- What made this individual choose the job that they’re in?
- What do they like most about their job?
- Did some of the helpers in your community, partner with animals to get the job done?
- Do you think you would want to grow up and have one of these jobs?
Did you Know?
Did you know that people who work in “care” related professions like firefighters, police, nurses and teachers, often find great pleasure in going to work every day? The idea of helping others is the best part of their job. Do you know anyone in a field like this? Take the time to visit your local fire house, or share a smile with your nurse or doctor, tell them that you appreciate them and all the work they do!