the planet on which we live; the world.
“the diversity of life on earth”
- the substance of the land surface; soil.
What on earth?!
Earth is the place we call home, and it’s a very special place indeed. From the sky above to the ground at your feet, we are surrounded by creatures and features that inform and influence our lives. Whether it’s the “earth tones” of our skin or songs by “Earth, Wind & Fire”….the concept of earth weaves through all we are and how we relate to each other and the world around us. Can you claim your small piece of the earth by making a map of your yard or your neighborhood? Which dinosaurs would you have liked to roam the earth with if you had lived 66 million years ago? Let’s dance, sing and eat with some of earth’s many fascinating cultures. Get to the core of this precious planet by digging in and cultivating your curiosity about oceans, atmosphere, cultures, continents, and more.
Celebrate the fall season at ColorFest – a family favorite! Visitors can slingshot pumpkins, navigate the hay maze, make mud pies, and enjoy a hayride in the splendor of Bernheim’s colorful fall landscape. Other highlights include live music, hands-on nature activities, unique local foods, Kentucky arts and craft vendors, and more.
Suggested Reading List
- Inch By Inch by Eric Carle
- Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
- The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
- Rain School by James Rumford
- Compost Stew by Mary McKenna Siddals
- Dirt: The Scoop On Soil by Natalie Rosinsky
- Diary Of A Worm by Doreen Cronin
- The Water Princess by Susan Verde
- One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root
- Potato Joe by Keith Baker